Trying to eat healthy? You’ll love this list of the top 10 foods that can make you strong and keep you well.
Eating healthy can be a challenge for busy people. There are so many fad diets out there; it’s hard to know what will help you. It’s easy to eat healthy foods that taste great. These ten will make you stronger and keep you well.
Eat a balanced diet
I love to eat healthy and go to the gym. I’ve been on fad diets like South Beach, Atkins, Weight Watchers and Nutrisystem. They all worked well but they are expensive and time consuming.
So what I have done is come up with my own diet that I follow every day and its working great.
Here is how it works: Foods That Make You Strong
- Drink a gallon of water every day. It keeps you hydrated; helps you feel full and can flush out toxins in your body.
- Eat 5-6 times a day. This will also keep you from getting hungry and overeating at one sitting.
- Always take your vitamins (I take a multi-vitamin, fish oil and Vitamin D). These are important for your health and energy level.
Is your goal to gain muscle or to lose weight?
Your goals in bodybuilding may be to gain muscle or to lose weight. It is important to know what your goal is before you begin eating, lifting and supplementing. These goals can help you determine where to start and what kind of diet. If you want to gain muscle mass, you need a surplus of calories when compared to your maintenance calories. You should also consider adding more lean protein and carbohydrates in your diet.
If you are trying to lose weight, then you need a calorie deficit which means that you will be eating less than your maintenance calories. A good way to go about this is by decreasing the amount of carbohydrates in your diet. This makes it easier for the body to break down fat for energy since it uses carbohydrates as its main source of fuel. Another benefit of cutting out carbohydrates is that when carbs are eliminated from the diet, it forces the body to use stored fat instead of stored carbohydrates as its primary energy source, thus burning more fat while preserving muscle.
Top 10 Foods That Make You Strong
These ten foods are a great place to start if you want to eat healthier and stronger!
- Eggs-Protein is essential for tissue repair and muscle growth.
- Almonds-Contain a high amount of vitamin E, which helps in maintaining healthy skin, hair, and nails.
- Salmon-Salmon contains large amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, which can promote heart health and lower blood pressure.
- Nuts-Nuts are rich in nutrients such as zinc and magnesium.-Zinc is important for wound healing and plays a role in the formation of proteins.
- Cottage Cheese-Cottage cheese has a high level of casein protein, which is easily digested by the body, making it an excellent protein source.
- Seeds-Seeds are beneficial to the body because they contain omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that are linked with helping prevent heart disease
- Beets-Beets contain nutrients that can boost endurance
- Green Tea-Green tea is known to improve concentration and focus
- Broccoli-Broccoli contains flavonoids that have been linked to fighting cancer
- Wheat Germ-Wheat germ contains a high amount of vitamin E as well as other antioxidants that help fight off
Final Thoughts: Foods That Make You Strong
Eating right is important if you want to be strong. The right foods will help you stay in shape and be agile. The wrong foods can make you unhealthy. So, know your body and find out foods that make you strong.