Propel is bottled water that the same company owns as Aquafina and Dasani. So what is propelling water? Is propel water good for you? As the label claims, or is it just another instance of a big corporation trying to trick you into buying over-priced water?
What is Propel water?
Propel water is a sparkling, refreshing alternative to sugary drinks. It comes in various flavors and can be used to replace soda or juice for people looking for a healthier alternative.
Is propel water good for you
Propel water is a company that sells bottled alkaline water. The alkaline water is supposed to help improve the person’s health. While consuming alkaline water sounds healthy, is propel water good for you?
Here is the answer.
Alkaline Water is Water that has a very high pH level. The water pH is measured on a scale of 0 to 14, where water with a pH of 7 is considered neutral. Water with a pH of 12 is considered acidic, while water with a seven is considered alkaline.
Drinking alkaline water is supposed to help the body absorb more nutrients. Alkaline water is also said to help balance the body’s pH levels and reduce inflammation.
Drinking alkaline water is supposed to help the digestive system, so many people drink it first thing in the morning.
Propel water claims the alkaline water it sells is alkaline; however, the pH level of propelling Water’s Alkaline Water is only 8.9, which falls in the low range.
According to credible sources, alkaline water can be harmful. Drinking alkaline water can have negative health effects. Alkaline water can cause the body to become too alkaline, leading to health issues, such as calcification of the arteries.
According to CNN,
Is propel water good for you? The answer seems to be no.
The best and cheapest way to get pH balanced water
Most common questions I get is, “Which water filter to get?”
You can’t go wrong with a carbon-based filter, but the quality of your water will largely be determined by other factors, like what minerals are in your water.
For example, if you live in an area with hard water, a carbon filter might not be the best choice. On the other hand, if you live near the ocean or a river, your water will likely be very dirty and acidic. In that case, a carbon filter might help you prevent lead, mercury, and other contaminants from entering your water supply.
However, getting pH-balanced water is also very important. If your tap water is acidic, chances are you’ll need to adjust your ph. Fortunately; this is a very inexpensive and effective process.
Here’s what you do:
- Get a pH meter. These are generally inexpensive (under $100) and easy to find.
- Use a pH test strip to test the water.
- Add acid to increase the pH.
- Baking soda to balance it.
- Add vinegar to lower it.
- Measure the pH again.
- Repeat as necessary.
Here’s a great video that shows how it’s done.
Learn some tips to better your hydration habits
Hydration, when done right, is an easy way to boost your health in addition to giving your skin a glow. Many women don’t drink enough water, and that could be seriously affecting their health. If that sounds familiar, water should be your beverage of choice.
The average woman should drink 64 ounces of water per day. But that’s a lot to fit in when you’re on the go. (In fact, women who drink less than 64 ounces per day are more likely to have constipation and may experience symptoms of dehydration.)
Here are some pointers to help you drink more water:
- First thing in the morning drink a glass of water .That water will jump-start your digestion and hydration, and it’s a great place to start.
- Drink water throughout the day. Drinking water with your meals is an easy way to ensure that you’re drinking enough water during the day. Water also help you weight loss journey.
- Carry a water bottle with you. Carry a bottle of water with you at all times, and drink it when you think of it.
- Exercise. When you exercise, your body loses water. Drink more water after your workout to replace what you lost.
- Eat fruits and vegetables. Water is abundant in fruits and vegetables, so they’re a great way to get your hydration in throughout the day.
- Cut down on alcohol. Alcohol is a diuretic and affects your body’s ability to retain water. Try to drink more water than you do alcohol, and cut back on drinking completely.
- Eat soup. Eating soup may seem like a weird way to get more water, but it’s a great way to fill up on water-rich foods.
- Try green tea. Green tea contains quite a bit of water, so it’s a great way to hydrate throughout the day.
Final Words About Is Propel Water Good For You
Propel is a new water product that’s getting a lot of buzzes lately. The company says it’s bottled in either 16 or 32-ounce containers contain zero sugar and zero calories. Some sources say it contains zero carbohydrates and zero calories, while others say there’s a small amount of sugar in Propel.
Is Propel Water Good For You? Would you please try and let me know in the comments box?