Here we will focus in on why adding eggplant carbs into your diet is not only healthy but could be the key element to burning off those excess pounds.
If you’re trying to lose weight, you need to focus on your diet especially when starting out for the first time. With so many diet fads and intense training programs it can be a bit overwhelming to know where to start.
- What are eggplant carbs?
- The benefits of eggplant carbs
- How eggplant carbs can help you lose weight
- Ways to prepare and eat them
- Final Words – Eggplant Crabs
Here are the main points
- The best part about eating eggplant carbs is they have a ton of health benefits
- It’s quick, easy and tasty. Now you can make your favorite morning meal super healthy
- You can lose weight while staying healthy by eating eggplant carbs
What are eggplant carbs?
Eggplants are one of the vegetables that belong to the nightshade family. They have a purple skin with white flesh inside. Eggplants contain rich amounts of dietary fiber, protein and carbohydrates.
The carbohydrates in eggplants are starches and sugars which are known as “dietary fibers.” Dietary fibers can help prevent illnesses such as diabetes and heart disease.
Eggplants also contain Vitamin C which is an antioxidant that protects your body from free radicals produced by pollution and cigarette smoke. Your body also produces free radicals during strenuous exercise, exposure to UV rays from the sun or x-rays in a hospital setting. Free radicals damage normal cells because they don’t recognize them as part of your body. When this happens, they stimulate the tissue to self-destruct in order to protect the rest of your body from harm.
Nutritional data per 100 grams
Carbs 5.9 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Sugars 3.5 grams, saturated fat 0 grams, Sodium 2 mg (0% RDA), Magnesium 14 mg (4% RDA), and Potassium 229 mg (11% EMR)
The benefits of eggplant carbs
There are many health benefits to eating eggplants. Eggplant is a great choice for low-carbohydrate diets, and the fiber found in eggplants can help you feel full longer. The fiber in eggplants also helps to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the symptoms of diabetes. Because of their beneficial nutrients, eggplants can be beneficial in reducing the risk of developing cancer.
The eggplant health benefits include:
Controlling your weight
Eggplant has low-calorie content, and is also very rich in fiber. Fiber helps to make you feel full longer, so you do not want to eat as much when you eat foods that contain this nutrient. Fiber also helps your body to process sugars more efficiently, which means that your blood sugar levels will be more balanced throughout the day.
Controlling your blood sugar levels
Eggplant contains few carbohydrates and a large quantity of fibers which help slow down the absorption of carbohydrates into the bloodstream. This prevents sharp fluctuations in blood sugar levels, which may cause a diabetic to experience hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia.
Helps reduce the symptoms of diabetes
Eggplant carbs can help reduce the symptoms of diabetes. The American Diabetes Association reported that people who consumed boiled eggplant noticed lower fasting blood glucose levels compared to those who consumed bread.
Research shows that consuming eggplant can help prevent cancer. According to research conducted by Indiana University, it was found that eating eggplant regularly can reduce the risk of cancer by up to 25%.
Simple to add to your diet
Eggplants are very easy to find in grocery stores and cost less than $3 per pound on average. They are very easy to cook and can be added to a variety of recipes including stews, curries, grilled cheese sandwiches, and even fritters!
How eggplant carbs can help you lose weight
If you’ve ever seen some of the more extreme weight loss programs, you will have noticed the eggplant emoji popping up. This is because eating eggplant helps you lose weight.
What is the best way to eat eggplant for weight loss?
The health benefits of eating eggplant aside, there are many ways you can prepare this vegetable to make it taste better and to make it healthier. One way to lose weight is by eating eggplant in moderation.
Here are some tips for how you can eat eggplant for health and weight loss:
- Roast eggplant to reduce the amount of fat found in the vegetable.
- Add eggplant to a healthy pasta sauce recipe, such as vodka sauce, or other recipes that do not use oil. You can also add this vegetable to stews and soups when cooking them up.
- Grill or fry diced eggplant instead of battering it in breadcrumbs and frying it in oil like you would French fries or onion rings.
- Add cubed eggplant to your favorite casseroles and stir-fries instead of adding extra oil or butter while cooking them up.
- Bake cubed eggplant with marinara sauce instead of frying the cubes in oil before baking them with sauce on top.
- The best way to eat eggplant for weight loss is to use it as a substitute for higher calorie foods, such as meat. If you are craving a meat-stuffed sandwich, try one made with eggplant instead of bread.
- Add eggplant slices to tomato sauce for a meatless pasta sauce.
- Add slices of grilled or baked eggplant to sandwiches instead of meat such as sausage or bacon.
Ways to prepare and eat them
The eggplant is a vegetable that belongs to the nightshade family. It has a purple skin and can be found in a variety of sizes. The eggplant can be eaten raw or cooked. It is often used in salads, sandwiches, and main dishes. It can also be used in various desserts.
Tasty Eggplant Recipes
Here are some recipes for eggplants:
- Crispy fried breaded eggplant recipe.
- Slow-Cooker Ratatouille
- Grilled Veggie Panini Recipe
- Pizza with Sausage, Peppers and Eggplants
- Baked Eggplant Parmesan with crispy coated eggplant slices smothered in cheese and marinara.
- Eggplant Fritters
- Eggplant Tartlets with Ricotta and Herbs
Crispy fried breaded eggplant recipe
This recipe for crispy fried breaded eggplant is a great holiday or side dish. It’s super easy to make and goes well with any meat or fish dish. It’s also good for sandwiches or on its own with a salad.
Grilled Veggie Panini Recipe
This Grilled Veggie Panini recipe is very easy to make and has grander taste than a restaurant. I am sure that you will like the assortment of vegetables and cheese in this Panini recipe and I am sure your family will really like it.
Baked Eggplant Parmesan with crispy coated eggplant slices smothered in cheese and marinara
Eggplant slices baked to perfection with a breading of breadcrumbs and seasoning, served with marinara.
Final Words – Eggplant Crabs
Eggplant carbs will not just help you lose weight. They are also an excellent source of fiber and antioxidants. Plus, they are relatively low in calories, making them the perfect diet food option. Not only that, but they taste great too! Yup that’s pretty much it! I hope you enjoyed this article! Have a great week everyone.