Urology deals with the urinary tract diseases like urethra, bladder, ureters (tubes that connect the kidney to the bladder), and kidney. In addition to this, it deals with male organs such as the penis, prostate, scrotum, and testes. These health problems can happen to anyone at any part of the body mentioned above.
Hence, it is important to have good urologic health. So, you can search for the best urology hospital in Bangalore and visit for urology care. For sure, the services provided to you will be the best, and you will get well in no time.
So, in case you don’t know much about the symptoms and diagnosis, you can read on and learn about them.
What are the symptoms of urology diseases?
Sometimes, you might not know when you have to visit the urologist. Some of the symptoms can lead to severe complications. Hence, it is necessary to get yourself checked. So, if you don’t have any idea of the symptoms, you can read on and learn about them.
- Difficulty or painful urination: Sometimes, you might have difficulty in urinating, and it is something you must not ignore. You must go to see your urologist right away. Also, if you feel your urinations have become painful, you must make sure that the urologist treats them. Painful urination is a sign of urinary tract infection (UTI).
- Blood or other discharge in the urine: Blood in the urine and other discharge can point to a bigger health problem. It might occur due to a urinary tract infection, which begins when bacteria infect the various parts of your body. Kidney infection, kidney stones, swollen prostate, etc., are common signs of blood in the urine.
- Fever: Many of them overlook persistent fever, but it can be a sign of kidney infection or urinary tract infection. Make sure you treat it immediately and do not overlook this symptom.
- Chills: Shaking chills can be a sign of bladder diseases, chronic skin diseases, bladder cancer, elevated PSA (Prostate-Specific Antigen), and end-stage renal diseases.
- Lower back pain: Kidney stones or stones in the ureter can result in pain in the lower back. Sometimes, this pain might radiate to the groin and be accompanied by frequent or painful urination. A kidney infection can also lead to lower back pain.
- Pain in genitals: Pain in the genitals can be a sign of sexually transmitted diseases (STD) or urinary tract infection (UTI).
What do urologists do, and what to expect?
A urologist is a physician who treats the male reproductive system and urinary tract diseases. Patients are referred to a urologist because of diseases such as erectile dysfunction, renal transplantation, kidney diseases, urinary tract infections, enlarged prostate, and so on.
So, if you want to be treated for any of the above conditions, you must definitely visit a urologist. For that, you will have to look for the best urology hospital in Bangalore. Your urologist will get details about your medical history from you and carry out physical examinations.
Some tests like CT scans, MRI scans, and ultrasound might also be ordered to locate the problem. The urologists can also use a crypto score (a thin and long probe with a camera) to see inside the urinary tract and take a tissue sample for testing.
You might also have to do a urine test to check for bacteria or any other diseases. Your urologist might conduct a biopsy to check for cancers and other disorders depending on your symptoms.
With urodynamic testing, you can check the amount of speed the urine leaves the body. They might also check how much pressure is there in the bladder and how much urine stays in it. After the diagnosis, the treatment will depend upon how severe your condition is.