Tuna croquettes are a classic recipe that we can prepare in many ways. Do you want to make them at home? This time we share 3 easy recipes.
Tuna is a healthy food that can provide important nutrients. Its natural and canned presentation provides significant amounts of omega 3 fatty acids and high biological value proteins that promote well-being. Would you like to make tuna croquettes?
Although this ingredient is versatile and can be added to multiple recipes, many prefer to use it as a base for delicious croquettes. It is a traditional dish that can be used as a tapa or to accompany main meals. Discover below 3 ways to prepare them.
3 recipes to prepare tuna croquettes
There are many ways to prepare tuna croquettes. However, if you want all of them to have an unbeatable flavor, you must give greater prominence to their main ingredient. How? It is very easy, and you have to crumble the tuna well to integrate well with the recipe’s other ingredients. Let’s do it!
1. Tuna croquettes with parsley
The parsley gives a very special touch to these tuna croquettes. Also, this version of the recipe is one of the easiest to prepare. If you have little time, it is perfect, because you will only invest 15 or 20 minutes.
- 2 cans of tuna (350 g)
- 1/4 of a cup of chopped parsley (50 g)
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs (100 g)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of flour (100 g)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying (as necessary)
- To start, remove the tuna from the cans and drain the liquid.
- Next, pour the tuna into a deep bowl and mix it with the eggs, chopped parsley, and breadcrumbs.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Then add the flour and keep stirring.
- When you get the desired consistency, assemble the croquettes and fry them in plenty of hot oil.
2. Tuna and potato croquettes
To make these tuna and potato croquettes, you need a little more time. However, the result is so delicious that it is well worth the investment. The potatoes help the croquettes to be crispier.
- 3 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of butter (30 g)
- 1 can of tuna (170 g)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of wheat flour (200 g)
- 1 cup of bread crumbs (200 g)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of water (20 ml)
- Oil for frying.
- To start, peel the potatoes and cut them into several pieces. Then, wash them and bring them to a boil in a pot with plenty of water. Add salt to taste.
- When they reach their boiling point, lower the heat and cook for 15 more minutes until they soften.
- Next, drain the potatoes in a colander and put them back in the pot.
- Add the tablespoons of butter and mash the potatoes until you get a puree. If necessary, add more salt.
- Next, open the can of tuna and drain it. Crumble with your hand and mix with the potato.
- Add the chopped cilantro and an egg, and mix well.
- Once the dough is ready, form the croquettes, put them on a tray and leave them in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Break up the remaining eggs and pour them into a medium bowl. Add the tablespoon of water and beat vigorously.
- Soak each croquette with wheat flour and egg. Then, pass them through the bread flour.
- To finish, heat plenty of oil and fry them until golden brown.
3. Croquettes stuffed with cream cheese
Do you want to delight yours with some more special croquettes? Then go ahead and make this exquisite version with a cream cheese filling. The preparation steps are similar to the above. In fact, we will also use parsley and potatoes. Enjoy it!
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese (120 g)
- 3 large cooked potatoes mashed
- 2 cans of tuna in water (370 g)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch (30 g)
- 3 eggs for the breading
- 2 cups of ground bread (400 g)
- Oil for frying
- First, mix the mashed potatoes with half of the cream cheese.
- Next, drain the tuna and add it to the mixture.
- Next, add the other ingredients; an egg, cornstarch, chopped parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- After forming the dough, assemble the croquettes with your hands and fill them with cream cheese.
- Then, please put them in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the eggs for the breading to a bowl and beat them.
- Remove the croquettes from the refrigerator and pass them through the egg and breadcrumbs until they have the desired texture.
- Finally, fry in plenty of oil until golden brown.