Our team of professionals is dedicated to helping you achieve your successful weight loss goals and attain a healthy lifestyle.
Achieving weight loss can be difficult and may severely impact your body. We created this blog to compile helpful information on achieving sustainable weight loss.
3 Steps to Achieving Successful Weight Loss
Evaluate your eating habits
The first step to achieving a healthier diet is understanding your current eating habits and whether they are working for you. The following six questions will help you determine the quality of your diet:
1. Do you eat breakfast every day? Breakfast is an important meal because it helps set the tone for the rest of your day. If you skip breakfast, you have missed an opportunity to get essential nutrients into your body and prepare for the day’s challenges, both big and small.
2. Write down everything you eat. I know it seems like a lot of work, but if you write it down, it makes you think twice about whether you want to eat that extra slice of pizza or not. When I have written down everything I ate, it has made me realize that I ate way more than I thought. Writing stuff down also helps to keep your portions/calories in check. It makes it easier to see what worked for me (or didn’t).
3. Does you have at least five servings of fruits and vegetables every day? Fruits and vegetables contain many essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other phytochemicals vital for health maintenance and disease prevention.
4. Do you eat at least one serving of lean protein such as lean meat, poultry, or fish at each meal? Protein is the primary nutrient needed to build new muscle tissue that supports optimal health and wellness in older adults. It has also been shown to play a role in maintaining a healthy weight and boosting energy levels.
5. Is your diet rich in whole grains? Whole grains are foods such as brown rice and oats high in fiber. Fiber is one of the critical components of heart health, meaning body systems will be performing smoothly and efficiently. Additionally, fiber can help lower cholesterol levels and stabilize blood sugar levels, making it easier for your body to process food. Fiber also helps promote satiety or the feeling of fullness after eating.
If this sounds familiar to you, it might be time to evaluate your eating habits and determine what can be changed.
There are several benefits of improving your eating habits, including:
- Sustained energy levels throughout the day
- Better concentration levels
- Reduced amount of stress in your life
These benefits can help you get more done throughout the day and make you feel better overall. So how can you improve your eating habits? Here are a few suggestions:
As a rule, avoid eating in front of the television. Instead of watching TV, read a book for 30 minutes before your evening favorite show. The food choices you make can be significantly affected by what you care about.
Determine your current daily calorie intake
You’ve decided to lose weight. Great!
Before you start, it’s essential to determine your current daily calorie intake and your optimal calorie intake for losing weight.
Use a free tool like My Fitness Pal (www.myfitnesspal.com) to track your calories and nutrients for a few days. Even though this step may seem tedious, it will give you valuable information about your current eating habits, which you can use as a starting point for losing weight.
Make Wise Choices
Achieving weight loss success boils down to creating healthy habits and making wise choices about your diet and activity level.
Trying new eating, exercising, or both are the best ways to lose weight. Make changes you can live with permanently, like adding exercise to your routine, drinking more water, or reducing snacking. Even minor changes can help you lose weight and keep it off.
The key is finding a plan you can live with for the long term. The most successful dieters adjust their long-term lifestyle habits to match their diet plans to maintain weight loss.
Find a Plan that Works for You
When choosing a diet, consider different approaches and find one that suits your lifestyle. Choose something you can follow over the long term, rather than just a quick fix. Try to pick a diet that limits the number of processed foods you eat, such as an Atkins Diet or the DASH Diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension). These diets emphasize fruits, vegetables, and whole grains—all good choices for losing weight because they tend to be more filling than processed foods.
Final Thoughts about Steps to Achieving Successful Weight Loss
We hope that you’ve found this blog to be helpful in the process of reaching your goals. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We would love to hear from you! And lastly, good luck on your journey to a healthier lifestyle.