Do you want to lose belly fat and build a flat stomach? Look no further; here are 3 best exercises to lose belly fat after 50.
Most people know that exercising is important when it comes to weight loss. It raises your metabolism, burns calories, and can help tone your muscles. But finding time to exercise can be challenging. Most people have jobs or kids that get in the way of fitting fitness into their busy schedules. If you’re starting your fitness journey, you might feel like you don’t know where to begin. You might even think that there’s no point in trying as it will take too much effort, take up too much of your precious time, and you’ll soon become tired, frustrated, and give up within a couple of weeks, especially when you’re over 50!
In this short article, we’ve outlined the 3 best exercises to lose belly fat after 50. You can start seeing results in as little as a week, and you’ll be feeling fitter, healthier, and with a flatter stomach.
- 3 best exercises to lose belly fat after 50
- 3 best exercises to lose belly fat after 50 [Video]
Related: What Burns Belly Fat?
3 best exercises to lose belly fat after 50
Achieving a flat stomach is one of the most common goals for people over 50. After all, it’s not surprising that you want to look good at this age. But if you’re not careful, the belly fat accumulated over the years can be stubborn.
These three exercises can help keep you in good shape after 50 by burning off fat and toning your muscles:
Sprinting is one of the best exercises to lose belly fat because it burns many calories in a short amount of time. It also helps you build muscle and tone up your body by increasing your metabolism. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn at rest, even when not exercising.
Sprinting has many benefits for weight loss:
- It increases your metabolism and burns a lot of calories over time.
- Raises your heart rate to improve cardiovascular fitness and lower cholesterol levels.
- It strengthens leg muscles, which helps burn more calories during other activities throughout the day.
How to do Sprinting
Sprinting for 30 minutes can burn about 400 calories, almost as much as a half-hour walk. Sprinting is fun and very effective when done correctly.
If you want to lose weight faster, you need to make sprints regularly. They are also great for building muscle mass and improving your overall health.
Here are some tips on how to make sprints correctly:
- Warm-up before sprinting by walking for about 5 minutes. This will help your muscles prepare for the workout ahead.
- Start at a slow pace, jog for about 30 seconds, and then speed up until you reach full speed. You should maintain this speed until you reach fatigue or stop entirely because of pain or injury (this should not happen if you have warmed up well).
Mountain climbers are great for toning up your core and getting rid of belly fat after 50. They also help improve your overall athletic performance, which can help prevent injuries as you get older—especially if you’re active in sports or other physical activities like gardening or yard work.
Benefits of mountain climbers
- They work your core. The mountain climber works your core muscles, including your abdominals, obliques, and hip flexors. These muscles help stabilize your spine and pelvis during movement, which is especially important as you get older.
- They increase muscle mass and help you burn calories. Mountain climbers can help you burn calories quickly because they require intense effort from your muscles. You’ll feel this in your abs and back and other areas of the body that participate in this exercise, including your hips and thighs.
- They increase flexibility in the hips and ankles, which reduces the risk of injury during exercise or daily activities like walking or running stairs.
- They strengthen your glutes (butt muscles), which helps protect you against lower back pain caused by weak glute muscles.
How do mountain climbers
Mountain climbers are one of the best exercises to lose belly fat after 50. They work your entire body, including glutes, quads, hamstrings, and abs. To do mountain climbers:
- Get into a pushup position with your hands shoulder-width apart on the floor. Put one foot on the other and bring both feet off the floor to be in a plank position.
- Jump both feet up to your hands as high as you can without letting them touch the ground, then immediately jump back down to starting position.
- Repeat this fast movement 20 times.
Bicycle Cross Crunches
The bicycle cross crunch is the 3 best exercise to lose belly fat after 50; that works your abs while improving your balance and coordination. This exercise will help strengthen your core muscles to support your back and prevent injuries as you age.
Benefits of Bicycle Cross Crunches
- Improves core strength and stability
- Increases abdominal muscle endurance
- Target your obliques and hip flexors
How to do bicycle cross crunches
Bicycle crunches are a great exercise to lose belly fat after 50. They work your upper abs, lower abs, and obliques.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Place both hands behind your head.
- Lift your shoulders off the floor and twist to one side so that only the left elbow touches the floor with your right knee bent and your foot resting on the floor in front of you for support.
- Return to starting position and repeat on the opposite side for one rep (do not rest in between sides).
- Repeat 10–20 times per side
3 best exercises to lose belly fat after 50 [Video]
The 3 best exercises to lose belly fat after 50 have been outlined in the above article, so go through them and decide which ones you find easiest to follow. The best way to achieve results is to find an exercise routine that works for you and stick with it.